Elder Gardner

Elder Gardner will enter the MTC on Wednesday, June 23rd. We will keep this blog up-dated every week with his letters and pictures. If you would like to write to Elder Gardner, please click on the "write a letter" link on the right hand side for directions and his address. If you don't know much about Mormon Missions read the "about missions" page to learn more; it may help you understand some confusing terms in the letters.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Hola (Cazador Week 16)

Hello everyone. Here we are, one more week gone by. One more week that we had to make choices that can change the rest of our lives and the lives of thousands of people. I hope we all made good ones. That is the whole reason we are here: to make good choices that will make us more like Christ and help other people come unto Christ as well. Remember that next time you have to make a decision: Which choice will make you more like Christ, or in other words, which one will make you happier in the long run?

Anyway, this week has been alright. We have been working more with Silvia and her sister in law. They have been reading the Book of Mormon a ton and went to church again yesterday and they are loving it. We are really happy for them, they are amazing. Every time we talk to them they tell us about how much better they have felt and how their lives are changing. They have truly become more patient and happy and loving. It has been awesome to see the change that has come as they have made the choice to come unto Christ. He truly has the power to change us for the better.

Other than that nothing too exciting has happened. I have learned a lot this week about how important it is to be giving it all in the Lord´s work. I have found that as I work hard I am truly happy, but when I slack off or waste time doing other things I´m not happy at all. It´s interesting, I´m doing things that before I would have considered hard, something I wouldn't want to do, like walking in the street talking to people. But now they are things I need to do in order to really be happy. I've truly had what the scriptures call a change of heart. Or as Christ said, ¨He who loses his life for my sake, shall find it.¨ (I don´t know the citation and I might have quoted it wrong, sorry).

Well, that´s all for this week. I hope everything has another great week filled with great choices. Nos vemos.

Love,
Elder Gardner

No comments: