Elder Gardner

Elder Gardner will enter the MTC on Wednesday, June 23rd. We will keep this blog up-dated every week with his letters and pictures. If you would like to write to Elder Gardner, please click on the "write a letter" link on the right hand side for directions and his address. If you don't know much about Mormon Missions read the "about missions" page to learn more; it may help you understand some confusing terms in the letters.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Trabajar (Loma Week 14)

¡Hola mi gente! Espero que estén bien.

This was a pretty good week. I decided a while ago that I was going to work hard this week. I haven't been all that happy with myself because we haven't been teaching as much I would have liked. I decided to stop making excuses and just work. We worked well, we talked to lots of people in the street and found some people to teach. I felt good because I was teaching and testifying of Christ and of the sacrifice He made for us. But none of the people we found went to church because we didn't have members involved with them to help them.

While we were talking to people in the local villa, we talked to some lady who didn't want anything to do with us, but she told us that two mormons lived in the house behind hers. We were like, ¨really!?!¨ So we went to talk to them. They got baptized in Peru (everyone from Peru is either already a member, or went to church and talked to missionaries in Peru) and moved here but didn't know where the church was. So we told them were it was. I love it when things like that happen. We show up at some place without knowing why, but then we end up finding someone or helping someone who was waiting for us to come. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

The amazing family that went to church last week is still amazing, but they had a birthday party Saturday night and went to sleep late and didn't go to church yesterday. But that's alright. This week they should take out a turn to get married.

That's all I've got to say for this week. I hope everyone has a great week. Talk to you next time.

les amo,
Elder Gardner

No comments: