Elder Gardner

Elder Gardner will enter the MTC on Wednesday, June 23rd. We will keep this blog up-dated every week with his letters and pictures. If you would like to write to Elder Gardner, please click on the "write a letter" link on the right hand side for directions and his address. If you don't know much about Mormon Missions read the "about missions" page to learn more; it may help you understand some confusing terms in the letters.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter! (Cazador week 23)

Matthew 27: 39, 42, 22, 23, 35, 37, 46, 50, 59, 60
Matthew 28: 1, 5, 6, 7, 9, 20

¨And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.
¨He went away the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, they will be done.
¨Pilate saith unto them, What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ? They all say unto him, Let him be crucified. And the governor said, why, what evil hath he done? But they cried out the more, saying, Let him be crucified.
¨And the crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots.
¨and set up over his head his accusation written: THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS.
¨and about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? That is to say, My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?
¨Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yilded up the ghost.
¨And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth and laid it in his own new tomb.
¨In the end of the Sabbath came Mary to see the sepulchre. . . And the angel said unto the women, He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. And go and tell the he is risen from the dead.
¨Behold, Jesus met them, saying. . . lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world, Amen.¨

I hope you all had a great Easter and remembered why we celebrate the holiday. If you didn´t have a chance to read the Easter story (all four of them in the Bible) I invite you to read them today; For it is because of Easter that we do everything that we do. I know that Christ lives. Through Him we can find goy in this life and eternal life in the world to come.

With love,
Elder Gardner

No comments: